Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday...getting into a routine

It's nice to be home. I'm beginning to get into the routine of a diabetic...checking blood sugar regularly, giving myself shots as needed, watching my diet. It's doing very well, by the way. Figuring out a diet variety of what to eat and how much is a real challenge...we still have a lot to learn.

It appears Karen may go forward with her hip replacement surgery. We'll know more after her doctor's visit Monday. The doctor's are just concerned that she doesn't catch my infections...so it will be separate beds, no care from me, etc. Not sure how all that will work....maybe my foot will reach a point where I won't need the wound vac before then. I'm hobbling around on a walker with only one good foot. Makes cooking, getting to doctors appointments, etc. a real pain. We'll see.

I'm trying to learn patience...I want the foot to heal faster then it will. I will just have to learn to use my days productively and live by faith.

3 comments:

  1. Tim so glad that you are home. Michelle and I want to come by and visit but we'll wait awhile. Still praying and thinking of you and your family. The candle stays lit. Hector and Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim and Karen, so glad you are home and making progress. I look forward to your reflections. I have already gleaned some useful thoughts from what you and your daughters have written. Have I ever told you that you are a "natural-born" teacher? ;-) Will pray, as you requested, for both healing and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am compiling a journal of helps on the diet and such along with some recipes and other thoughts. I will try to have it ready to send back with Blythe. If not it will come when I come down to help Heather. Will pray for healing. Won't pray for patience. Done that. LOL! Love ya! Sis

    ReplyDelete