Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Quick Note of Thanks

We will share more after lunch...dad is resting some this morning after having fed himself breakfast and opening some mail. He had a more restful night of sleep last night and is working to piece the last few days back together.


Mary Beth posted the following on her blog and we wanted to share her words here: "At my wedding my dad spoke about the mystery and extraordinary power of love. He spoke of what a gift of God it is that we can expand our family beyond just our "family of blood"... that is if we choose to. Thank you to all of you for being our family and for understanding the healing power and grace of our God of love. I know it might not seem like much, but lifting your voice on behalf of dad is a great testimony to the man that my father is and to the way that he has taught us all about how to love."

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful blog. Hugs and prayers for Dr. Gilbert and his family. I have shared your blog on Facebook for additional prayers on your behalf. Lisa T., TCC NE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tim and all your wonderful family,
    It is so good to hear positive words about your progress. Last night at church, you were the big topic of conversation -- you have MANY friends caring about you and sending lots of prayers. Paul and I certainly add ours.
    Thanks to your girls for this lovely blog.
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Tim, Karen, and beautiful daughters,
    Thank you for taking time to share with us these extraordinary words of wisdom. My prayers are with you and joined by many from around the world who love you and care about you. Progress is a great word to hear regarding your recovery. Love and blessings,
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blythe and Heather say you really looked like dad today. I wish I was there to see and speak with you. I am so thankful that you are responding and getting better each day. God is faithful and he does hear the prayers of His people. Just wanted to say I love you again!! Sis

    ReplyDelete