Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday

Well, here it is Sunday again. I must say I really miss my Sunday School class and worship at Broadway. Here at home, one day is pretty much like the next and I miss the friendship and fellowship that attendance at church brings. It's something I don't think I will ever take for granted again when I am free to return.

Karen's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. Pray for that everything will go as smoothly as expected by the doctor. She has been in great pain the last months and I pray the surgery will bring real relief. The surgery should take about 2 hours and Karen will be in the hospital through Wednesday. I expect that she will be up and about and much more mobile than me in a much shorter time than I will.

The healing of my right foot, if successful, is going to be a slow process. I'm already tired of walkers and things attached to my body for 24 hours a day. Things that used to be so simple are now complicated, consume much time, and wind up being very tiring (and trying too...:-) It's frustrating that I will not be able to help care for Karen as I want to, but it is the limitation of my life at the present moment. We are both doing well mentally, but will continue to need your prayers as we negotiate the next few difficult weeks.

4 comments:

  1. You and Karen are so incredibly strong, Tim. We know your love for one another and God's presence will sustain you in the days and weeks ahead. Your family and friends are pulling for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for both of you. I know Karen's surgery will relieve her pain and are praying for a smooth and quick recovery. We're glad to hear continual good reports for Tim.
    Mike & Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for both of you. I know how hard it is not to be there at the hospital for the surgery. Hang in there Tim. God is sooo faithful. Believe me I know your frustration. One step at a time, one day at a time. I love you! Sis and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue in prayer for you. May God grant you healing and patience.
    John and Peggy

    ReplyDelete