Saturday, August 28, 2010

Outing with Friends!


I had friends come from Dallas yesterday and take me out for lunch and then we made a trip to the grocery store. It's always a challenge to go anywhere with the walker - you have to get to the car, get in the car and then get the walker in the car - close the door and buckle up! Well, I managed to do all of that several times with the help of Tricia and Kay. They were very patient with me! We ate at the new 5 Guys in Fort Worth and it was a very good (hamburger was good but fries were great!) The restuarant was very crowded with lots of other people checking it out, too. Tricia let me off at the door since there were no handicap parking places available and no other parking spaces in the front. I made it in, ordered and was able to get seated without a whole lot of trouble. Of course, I needed help with my drink, ketchup and food pick up! Couldn't have done on my own.

Then we headed to the grocery store. Well, what an adventure! I drove/rode on the electric cart, Tricia had the regular cart with the walker and Kay was the item retriever. What a crew! Luckily the store was not crowded and we could move up and down the aisles pretty well. I was really afraid of not being able to drive the cart and hitting the grocery displays set up in the aisles, creating havoc in the store. That didn't happen. I enjoyed driving my little cart through the store and have decided that's the way to shop for groceries all the time. I'm not sure it was as much fun for Kay and Tricia but again they were patient and very helpful! We successfully completed the grocery shopping and got it all in the house and put away! Whew, we did it and I was able to make it without being totally exhausted. Kay and Tricia, thank you very much for my outing! Let's do it again sometime!



5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your grocery store trip was not quite the boot camp it was with me. That cart is a great idea. I'm glad you got another fun day out. Hang in there, ol' buddy! - Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, and I don't usually say that about going to the grocery store. It's always better with friends. Glad we were able to get you out of the house.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your world is expanding!
    Let me get this straight. 3 Gals had an outing with 5 Guys! So, how were their buns?
    Love you both,
    Versie Bayeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me tell you - Kay and Tricia had a great time! I missed all the action. Had I been able to be there, we would have made a terrific "fearsome foursome"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you could do it! Glad it all worked out and you could get out for an outing! Hope all is going well.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete