Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

A quick update since we haven't posted in awhile. I had surgery to remove some bad bones a little over two weeks ago and more integra implanted. I went to the surgeon on Thursday and everything looks good. The wound vacc is no longer having to be bridged between the bottom and top of my foot. The wound on the top of the foot has graduated to a band aid and some antibiotic. Not bad for a wound where originally I could see one of my toe tendons. The wound vacc is now directly on the bottom wound only. I see the surgeon again in two weeks and we'll decide where we go then.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday. The old eyes are good and they haven't changed much. Getting new glasses because the ones I have are scratched badly. It will be another new look for me, so be ready.

I gain a little bit more stamina with each outing, but still realize I tire easily.

Karen's doing well and each physical therapy session gives her a little more strength. She's been cleared to travel...so she's fully back in the saddle again. I can't wait to be back there myself.

It's a beautiful Saturday here close to All Hallows Eve and then All Saints Day!

1 comment:

  1. With y'all's assorted scars and still healing wounds, costuming should be a snap! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete