Monday, October 11, 2010

Them Bones.....

I went to my original orthopedic surgeon today for a consult on what to do about the bad places in the toe bones of my foot. We have scheduled surgery for this Friday morning, October 15 to remove pieces of bad bone in my right foot attaching the fourth and fifth toe (Poor little piggies!). That will leave them both "floppy" but the doctor thinks some scar tissue will form that will help stabilize them both. He will also put in some more integra in that place to facilitate tissue growth. Hopefully, this will encourage real good tissue growth in that area and hopefully this is the last surgery (unless of course they were to have to do a skin graft...but we'll see).

I don't know what time Friday morning, but it will either be at the Baylor/All Saints main hospital or the Baylor Surgical Hospital where I had my integra implant about a month ago (Has it really been that long?). I'm betting Baylor Surgical because Dr. Wagner already has a 7 a.m. surgery scheduled before me.

I don't believe this will be much of a setback...but will actually move me forward to heal and rehab my foot. I will post more as plans solidify.

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely be praying for you Uncle Tim. I hope all goes well. You have been on our mind alot. I hope things are going okay! We need to do the zoo when you feel up to it for sure!!! Love you!!!! Blythe

    ReplyDelete