Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Morning Doctor Visit

I just returned from my doctor's visit. The implant in my foot wound is doing well so one more week of the wound vacc. However, I have osteomylitis (sp?) in the bone attaching my fourth toe. This means the bone is not regenerating and is still harboring infection. I will probably face one more surgery to remove that piece of bone, since I don't want to carry a little time bomb around in my foot. The doctor thinks the fourth toe will be fine though a bit floppy. He feels its pals on either side will hold it in place as well as scar tissue that develops where the bone was. The decision about when this will happen will be made at next Thursday's office visit, but we all feel this is the best course of action to make the foot as well as possible. It will also mean continued antibiotic infusions until this process is done. So...more prayers for the foot this week and for wise decision making for the future.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for the update. Things seem to be progressing well. Report seems really good considering what was happening in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are afoot for you and Karen. I plan to be with the Mengers tomorrow for his heart procedure.
    Versie Bayeth

    ReplyDelete