Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm Driving!

Here it is - another Friday! Gosh, how does the week fly by so fast? This Friday finds me working on several things and wondering if I can find time for a nap. I've done four sessions of physical therapy. I'm making progress and am now up to 8 minutes on the bicycle, 3 rounds of most all the exercises, working on strengthening those driving muscles and stretching all those leg muscles. Today I drove myself to physical therapy and back home and made it just fine!!!

I've been practicing for a few days to see if I can push on the gas and then move my leg from the gas to the brake and I'm doing all of that with confidence and without pain. Now the real test is to get Tim in the car and me in the car and go somewhere. Thinking about giving that a try tonight!

So, look out world - here we come!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your progress. I know it feels wonderful to have some of your independence back. Thank God that both of you a making good progress.
    Judy & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like just getting your driver's license as a teen, but now you don't have to ask for the car keys and explain where you are going. Though you still have to gas up the car.
    Love you both,
    Beth and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a trip to Sonic is in order!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Carol. This is how I know you are family. That is exactly what I said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are doing so well. Sorry I couldn't get over while I was there for Nat and Cole. I am back home now. It was a whirlwind trip and I am showing my age. I am tired but had a ball! Lovera

    ReplyDelete