Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daisies & Strawberries



Two of my favorite things - daisies of any kind and strawberries, especially strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. (This strawberry shortcake has the canned whipped cream - it was easier to do! ) I prefer strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake and enjoyed some on Saturday as I celebrated being another year older. Daisies just make me happy and so I bought some for myself to celebrate. Funny how the years come more quickly as one gets older. I spent the day being lazy. I didn't have to get up early to take Tim to school so I enjoyed my coffee and just taking a slow morning. It was very nice!


We did have to make our usual Saturday trip to the grocery store. I don't mind shopping in the store, it's just unloading the car and putting the groceries away that is not my favorite activity. But the groceries did get put away!


Birthday dinner was at, of course, Red Lobster. That seems to be the place we always go for birthday celebrations. It was really good - crab, lobster and shrimp! What a way to celebrate another year older. Gosh, so much has happened this past year. I can only hope that this year will be a little calmer and less stressful. I'm not sure it's going to be either - hasn't started off that way! Guess I'll just have to live it and see what's in store!

1 comment:

  1. !!Happy Birthday!!
    I always celebrate the entire month for my birthday and I think you should, too.
    So have a Happy Birthday Month!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete